Orficast & Orficast More
Orficast is a unique, textile-like thermoplastic orthotic fabrication material on a roll. It offers high comfort for your patients and is very easy to use. A large variety of widths and thicknesses enables you to treat a wide range of pathologies and to accommodate different orthotic designs. Orficast More can be used to fabricate a volar or dorsal slab for increased rigidity.
- Thermoplastic material on a 3-metre roll.
- Excellent elasticity in two directions.
- Adaptable when needed.
- Thin and breathable fabric-like material.
- Easy to cut.
- Self-adhesive capacity, especially when dry heated.
- Available in a thin Orficast and a thick Orficast More version, in different widths and colours.
- Perfect to use in case of traumatic and orthopaedic conditions which require quick and easy orthoses.
- Recommended as first aid product for quick immobilisation and stabilisation after injury.
- Serial static orthoses and static progressive orthoses to regain range of motion of smaller joints.
- Recommended for children, newborns, patients with fragile skin and/or arthritic conditions.
- All types of immobilisation for finger, hand, wrist, and for orthoses that go beyond the wrist or even ankle orthoses.
Thicker than our original Orficast, the innovative “More” version gives you the ability to meet an extensive range of orthotic applications.
The increased material thickness avoids the need to use two layers for rigid orthoses and provides a longer working time.
Orficast More is ideal for the fabrication of larger orthoses that go beyond the wrist.
- De Quervain orthosis / Thumb-wrist opponens orthosis
- Muenster orthosis
- Volar wrist cock-up orthosis
- Ankle support
- Lightweight elbow support