Functional Dexterity Test
Quick and simple dexterity test for adults and children.
- Improve hand-eye coordination, instruction following, concentration, problem solving, multitasking and pattern recognition.
- Help log and track hand coordination, flexibility and dexterity.
- Tests dynamic in-hand manipulation using 3 jaw chuck prehension rather than static grip or grasp-release patterns examined by other dexterity tests.
- Test involves turning 16 pegs over as quickly as possible in a sequential manner.
- Takes less than two minutes to administer, accommodating both a child’s attention span and a busy clinic setting.
- Includes the Adult Functional Level Score Sheet based on hand dominance and normal speed of performing activities of daily living using a three-jaw chuck prehension pattern.
- Provides a "growth chart" for the pediatrics population to predict dexterity developmentally.