Resistance to Stretch
- Minimum to moderate resistance to stretch allows the splintmaker to control the material throughout the splinting process.
- Proform Plus tolerates minimum to moderate handling during splint moulding.
- Handle on a horizontal plane and form splint in a gravity-assisted position.
- Gentle, smooth motions yield superior results.
- Proform Plus has moderate drape and offers conformability with only light to moderate pressure. Light weight, 3/32” Proform Plus provides more drape than 1/8” Proform Plus.
With moderate memory and recovery, splints can be repeatedly remoulded without thinning.
Reheated splints will not thin or stretch, making it easy to adjust for bandage or edema changes.
Splints made from Proform Plus have a moderate degree of rigidity.
A circumferential splint made of Proform Plus is flexible enough for easy donning and doffing, yet strong enough for immobilisation.
Splints will give slightly against strong force and will resist breaking.
- The unique coating gives Proform Plus a light tack to hold the material in place, allowing the splintmaker to achieve contours and positioning without the material pulling or falling away.
- A wet bond will hold firmly but can be pulled apart in warm water if necessary.
- Dry heating two surfaces will form a strong bond. For a permanent bond, solvent may be required.
- Low-profile, beige colour has moderate resistance to fingerprints and resists showing stains.
- Smooth, self sealing edges do not require additional finishing, resulting in a professional finish, even after reheating.
- Working time is sufficient enough to mould the splint until it holds its shape, remove it to do necessary trimming and then reposition it to complete the moulding process.
- 3.2mm Proform Plus can be used for almost any splinting application. Use for dynamic and static splinting; for adult and paediatric positioning; and for post-burn and post-surgical care.
- 2.4mm Proform Plus is thin and lightweight, yet strong, and can be used for forearm and hand-based splints. Ideal for arthritis splints, post-operative splints, and for paediatric splints for children who are able to co-operate.
|PFP-1S2||3.2 mm Proform Plus Smooth||46 x 61 cm|
|PFP-1S1||3.2 mm Proform Plus Smooth||61 x 91 cm|
|PFP-1P2||3.2 mm Proform Plus Perforated||46 x 61 cm|
|PFP-1P1||3.2 mm Proform Plus Perforated||61 x 91 cm|
|PFP-2S3||2.4 mm Proform Plus Smooth||46 x 30 cm|
|PFP-2P3||2.4 mm Proform Plus Smooth||46 x 30 cm|